Immigration Lawyer Waterloo

Immigration Lawyer Waterloo - The goal of the class of immigration called the "Family Class" is to be able to help ensure that families are together. Our firm's Immigration Law practitioners would help you in bringing your family together. We assist with the submission and completion of documents and forms to the Immigration authorities. Our aim is to be able to assist you during the whole immigration process.

Under the Family Class are the following relatives: common-law partner, spouse, conjugal partner, adopted child, dependent child, grandparent, parent, or an orphaned family member below 18 years of age who is the sponsor's sister or brother, niece, nephew, adopted child or grandchild. In this nation, in order to reunite a family a sponsor is required. The sponsor must be at least eighteen years of age and a citizen of this country or a permanent resident residing here. The sponsor needs to file a sponsorship application to Citizenship and Immigration. Depending on the kind of relationship between the family member and the sponsor, a different set of requirements, supporting documents and forms are required.

A sponsorship application is normally processed in eight weeks beginning from the date it is submitted to Citizenship and Immigration authorities, assuming all the needed forms are properly accomplished, and all information and supporting documents are included.

A spouse should be lawfully married to the sponsor by the civil authorities of a nation, and has to be at least 16 years old. If a marriage is legal in the country where it took place, it is considered to be valid in Canada. A marriage certificate, given by the civil authorities of the nation where the marriage happened, is required so as to prove that the sponsor and spouse are officially married. A divorce certificate issued by a Court must be submitted in circumstances where one of the parties was married in the past.

For a particular period of time, common-law partners should have resided along with the sponsor in a conjugal relationship. This particular type of relationship begins on the specific day a couple decides to physically share a home. In a common-law relationship, there is no document to be able to prove that a couple is residing together. Then again, there are papers that may help to prove the existence of a common-law relationship, such as joint credit cards and bank accounts, property or lease agreements in both names, insurance policies and papers showing the same address.

A dependent child under the Family Class, is a dependent child is either a biological child or adopted child under the age of 22. This particular child must not have ever been in a common-law relationship or married and was supported financially by the parent. The daughter or son may be more than 22 years of age if he or she is not capable, because of a physical or mental condition, to support him or herself.

The relationships should be proven through papers given by civil authorities between the parent of the sponsored child, the grandparent, the sponsor, or an orphaned family member below 18 years of age who is the sponsor's brother or sister, nephew, niece, grandchild, or adopted child.

Click to Download the pdf

Law Firms in Waterloo

  • Wills Lawyer Waterloo
    Wills Lawyer Waterloo - Our skilled Wills, Trusts and Probate lawyers can offer you peace-of-mind by making sure your assets and ... More
  • Employment Law Waterloo
    Employment Law Waterloo - Our clients receive effective and practical suggestion priced competitively. Through the years, our lawyers ... More
  • Waterloo Family Lawyer
    Waterloo Family Lawyer - When your common-law relationship or marriage dissolves, a lot of problems can take place. It is vital that you ... More
  • Lawyer in Waterloo
    Lawyer in Waterloo - Our Environmental Law group advises and represents clients in both the public and private sectors whose activities ... More
  • Commercial Real Estate lawyer Waterloo
    Commercial Real Estate lawyer Waterloo - To ensure their needs are looked after; clients are looking for a company which shows ... More

Waterloo Lawyers

Waterloo, Ontario

Email Us

Waterloo is a city in Southern Ontario, Canada. It is next to Kitchener City, and one of the smallest of the three cities within the Municipality of Waterloo. It is a part of the assigned 675,000 acre land to the Iroquois alliance that consists of the League of Six Nations. The city has a yearly nine-day festival in the twin cities of Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. This particular event is based on the German Oktoberfest, and is usually coined as Canada's Greatest Bavarian Festival. It begins on the Friday which precedes the Canadian Thanksgiving, and runs until Saturday after.

Waterloo is a haven for those who are into culture and arts. The city is home to numerous galleries which feature different artistic creations that range from symphonies to jewelry and painting...