Waterloo Car Accident Lawyer - Our Intellectual Property practitioners will help you commercialize, enforce and protect your intellectual property. Whether you are seeking to protect a brand or trade secret, maintain your competitive advantage or commercialize an invention, we have intellectual property services providing realistic recommendation and efficient and effective services to clients.
Our expert lawyers are well versed in all the areas of intellectual property law. With our assistance, you can maximize your value of your intangible assets and increase your chances in creating a competitive business advantage.
The services we offer in Intellectual Property law include all those that are required in order to protect intangible assets, starting with infringement services and preliminary clearance. Our experts could offer opinions pertaining to patents, industrial designs and trade-marks. To register intellectual property within Canada and the United States, your application would be prosecuted and prepared by skilled patent and trade-mark paralegals and agents. Our intellectual property group has affiliates all over the world, enabling you to extend your reach. Our intellectual property group is experienced in the preparation of patent applications in your specific technical field.
Our Intellectual Property services can help our clients in the maintenance and commercialization of their intellectual property assets. The recommendation will be formulated to be able to meet client objectives since the strategic business goals of clients would constantly be our top priority. Regular intellectual property audits will ensure the right protection of intellectual property assets. Advice would comprise appropriate employment agreements and policies, sufficient agreements along with independent contractors, proper and consistent use of trade-marks, and general guidance about the steps necessary for the ownership and control of intangible assets, including trade secrets. Services consist of the following:
- The preparation of agreements to license, sell or acquire intellectual property in and out;
- The preparation of various other agreements, like for instance end use agreement, joint venture agreement, collaboration agreement, confidentiality agreement and distribution agreement, connected to the commercialization of intellectual property;
- The structuring of the sale and purchase of businesses and companies featuring intellectual property assets;
- The conduct of intellectual property due diligence investigations;
- The preparation and registration of assignment agreements;
- The ongoing maintenance of acquired intellectual property assets.
Our intellectual property litigators enforce intellectual property rights and defend against third-party claims. Litigators assert or defend the rights of clients before all levels of federal and provincial courts concerning whichever and all aspects of patent, copyright, trade secret and trade-mark law. The interests of clients will be represented with sound strategies for solving disputes efficiently and, if needed, in court proceedings.
Click to Download the pdf